Who We Are
History of Leadership Nelson County
Leadership Nelson County, the original program, was established in 1989 by the Bardstown Nelson County Chamber of Commerce, and became an entity unto itself in 1998. LNC is designed to identify the community’s existing and emerging leaders who have the ability and desire to assume positions of leadership preparing them to meet the challenges of the future.
Leadership Nelson County is only one of 35 community leadership programs in Kentucky.
The purpose of Leadership Nelson County is to enhance the leadership skills and community understanding of those selected for participation. By doing so. LNC hopes to provide a network of informed and motivated leaders who possess the skills and sense of commitment necessary to lead Nelson County in the years to come.
- Identify, motivate, and develop potential community leaders.
- Provide a channel for participants to gain access to leadership opportunities and become involved in the development of solutions for community problems.
- Improve communication among leaders.
- Foster a commitment to life of community service.
- Expand the leadership potential of participants through: educational programs designed to broaden the participants’ knowledge of the Nelson County area and the issues affecting our community; exposure to existing leadership and civic organizations; in-depth discussions of relevant issues with community and state experts.