What We Do
The Purpose of LNC
- Expand the leadership potential for participants through: educational programs designed to broaden the participant’s knowledge for the Nelson County area and the issues affecting our community.
- Anyone may apply or nominate a candidate. Persons who have strong leadership abilities or have potential to be a strong leadership abilities or have potential to be a strong leader are encouraged to apply.
- Dedication to learn and grow, and a passion for betterment of self and community, set the foundation for commitment and participation of every class member.
- Enhancing the leadership skills and community understanding of those selected for participation.
- Representing a cross-section of the community, a balanced group of candidates is selected based on the belief that new knowledge and a deeper understanding of community will result from interaction within the group.
- Selection committee of LNC Alumni reviews all applications and selects no more than 20 individuals to participate in the class. True leaders are serious about their commitments. Each participant is expected to attend each session and contribute to the program.
- Heighten and improve communication among leaders. Foster a commitment to a life of commitment to a life of community service.
Identify, motivate, and develop potential community leaders.
- Provide channel for participants to gain access to leadership opportunities and become involved in the development of solutions for community problems.